Are you one of the many people frustrated by all of the changes at Etsy? I know I am! I’ve been sadly watching it all just seem to fall apart over there one way or another. I’d had an Etsy shop since 2011, but I finally had enough when they started putting other shop’s listings inside my listings on mobile (and it’s causing so much confusion & grief for sellers AND buyers!). Sales had been low for a while, and the listings-in-my-listings just made them bottom out. So I’m working on getting my own site up & going.
Everyone is having different experiences on Etsy these days, but one thing that’s happening is that a LOT of people are wishing they’d set up their own sites already. Many are looking to do it now, but they feel that it’s too overwhelming. While it’s true that if your Etsy shop has hundreds of items, it’s going to take awhile to move all of those to your own site, but just getting the site up & going doesn’t have to be difficult.
And a bonus? When you’re not on Etsy, you don’t need xx number of items in order to get found in search…so if you’ve been trying to force your shop’s item count up to a certain number, you don’t need to do that with your own shop. And you don’t have to pay for relists. ;)
So to try to help meet this need for moving from Etsy to a standalone shop, I’ve created a custom move-from-Etsy package for the same price as my Starter Custom, $197:
- Includes setup of your domain & hosting (which you’d purchase separately), install & setup of WordPress;
- Your Etsy banner turned into a site logo/header & a theme customized to match it (colors, fonts, etc);
- Install & setup of Woocommerce + creation of up to 10 products (you duplicate them to add more as needed);
- Help setting up Woocommerce shipping (depending on your shop’s needs, you might need to purchase an additional shipping plugin for Woocommerce, but I will help you try to find a good free one if possible);
- Help using WordPress including a phone call if wanted (to explain WordPress/Woocommerce & walk you through it), and recommendations for backups & security;
- 30 days of support after the site is done.
The only “hard” part of the process would be simply copying over your Etsy info to the new site…sadly there’s no shortcut there, but the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll have it going. :)
And you don’t need to close your Etsy shop! You can keep that along with your new stand-alone site.
If you’re interested in getting your own site going, please feel free to contact me & we can jump right in! :)